Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First Blog!

Wow, never thought I'd ever blog! But here I am.

I guess I'll start with a little background about me, to make it all relevant:
I am 32 year old female surgical resident in a Boston hospital. I am currently doing research, ie have more time to do something like start a blog. My life can be really boring, and really exciting, depending on the day. I like the stories I have to tell, and so I figured I'd start telling 'em.
Life in Surgery is an adventure every day. It's busy- crazy busy sometimes- exciting and full of adrenaline. It's also full of politics and game playing and 'who-you-know' shenanigans. You take some of the biggest egos in a hospital system and place them under inhuman amounts of stress, fatique, and expectations and just watch what happens. Real life surgical residency puts Greys Anatomy to SHAME. And I love every minute of it (well, ALMOST every minute....)

Have an experiment to do, but I'll be back. This is fun, babbling about myself.....

No comments: